Sunday, September 18, 2016

Girls Weekend!

Nori came down from San Francisco and we had a fun girls weekend with Christy! I left early on Friday and headed to Orange County. We started our weekend with some delicious Mexican food and margaritas.


After resting for a bit, we headed to Irvine Meadows for the Amy Schummer show. We couldn't believe her helicopter was in the parking lot. Christy got a wild hair and tried to drive a little too quickly and close to it, before the 12 year old security guy (ok, maybe he was18), chased us down. It was quite comical.

It was bittersweet being at this amphitheatre.  After 35 years, it will be demolished for a new apartment complex. I have so many memories of great concerts there...Bon Jovi, Stevie Nicks, Guns 'N Roses, James Taylor...I'm glad I got to visit one more time before it closes.
 Amy was hysterical, and it was a great couple of hours of pure laughter!
 Saturday morning we stopped at Sidecar Donuts to pick up an assortment of gourmet donuts.
 We headed to my parents house for a impromptu "pop-up" brunch of donuts and mimosas! We had a great time visiting...and the donuts were so good!
 We spent the afternoon at Fashion Island walking outdoors and doing a little shopping. I found some fantastic shoes that I just couldn't pass up. ;)
We had a healthy lunch at Lemonade to try to fill our stomachs with protein and salad since our morning was all sugar! Then it was back to Christy's to rest up for our night out. We got ready and started with some cocktails...
 We met up with some old friends from high school...Sharon, Devon and Daynon. We haven't all been together for years, and it was so fun catching up, reminiscing, and swapping stories.

Quite a few drinks were consumed...


 We headed to a dive bar that Sharon frequents often and made friends with one of the bartenders. :)
 After a late night Uber ride back, including a stop at Del Taco at 2:00am, we made it home safe and sound. I haven't done that since my freshman year of college! We had some breakfast burritos Sunday morning, and then took a nap!
 We took a driving tour around the old neighborhood where Nori and I grew up, including my old house. It looks so different...what's with the lattice?
 We stopped at our high school too...so many great memories!
 It was such a fun weekend away...love spending time with these girls and so glad that we are still friends after all these years!

0 comments: