Saturday, May 7, 2016

The Invitation

Zoe performed in a new, original show this week called The Invitation. This was a huge undertaking for the studio, and these dancers have been working incredibly hard since January on this production.
Zoe started out in 7 parts, and ended with 12, so she has been putting in more hours than ever with rehearsals.
I'm still waiting on professional photos, but here are a bunch of side-stage, back-stage, and front of stage rehearsal photos...

Zoe's Kitri solo...



The "BIG" lift with Zoe and Connor (not going to lie, this one made me nervous!)...

Rehearsing with her partner, Cole...

A black swan, from a Swan Lake Variation...
An awesome contemporary piece...


Waiting in the wings with Alyssa and Cole...
The Sleeping Beauty Fairies...

A very powerful jazz piece...
With Miranda and Sierra, waiting for their Hip-Hop number...



Backstage fun...


 This will be Cami's last show, as she is leaving for college in August. I can't imagine not having her around the studio every day. :(
One last prayer and cheer before heading onstage!

Finale fun...
Family and friends always there to support our girl!
Even Mrs. Atkinson (Zoe's favorite teacher, from 4th grade) came to watch!
We are so proud of her!


School friends...
I'm so glad I captured this moment with Miss Nicole...they do laugh a lot! I am so thankful for her and all she has done for my girl...

It was a very long week, with long, late rehearsals, trying to study for finals and AP exams, and pure, physical exhaustion! In the end though, it was all worth it. Zoe danced beautifully, and it fills our hearts to see her live her passion.

0 comments: