Saturday, February 6, 2016

Spotlight, Next Round!

Zoe made it to the next round in the Spotlight Competition in L.A. in both the Classical Ballet, and Non-Classical Dance categories. This is a pretty big accomplishment, so she was thrilled. Today was the live audition for the classical ballet round. She performed a classical variation, and a contemporary ballet piece on pointe.

 It is a closed audition, so I wasn't able to watch, but she had fun, and loved the panel of judges. The best thing about this competition has been the staff involved. They are so positive and encouraging.
Since we were in L.A., we headed to Hollywood to this place.

 Oh my, was it amazing! I am a breakfast lover, so I couldn't have been happier. Zoe loved her caramel latte, and lemon-raspberry pancake that was about 12 inches in diameter.
 I had a cinnamon streusel french toast that was simply amazing.
We had so much fun at this place, and can't wait to come back. We left L.A. and spent 3 hours in traffic before making it back home just in time to watch Cooper play a double header of basketball. What a long, but fun day!

0 comments: