Sunday, August 2, 2015

Weekend...

Finally it's here. This weekend has mostly been about trying to catch up! Since I went straight back to work after coming home from Miami, I feel like I haven't had the chance to get settled back in yet. I'm trying to enjoy some quiet mornings though, and love the beautiful skies we've had this week.

 I wanted to spend some quality time with the kids, so we took a hike in the hills behind our house...


 Zoe has wanted to start practicing driving. Since her permit test is only a few months away, I guess it's about time. I really can't believe she is old enough for this!! We went to the school parking lot and got going. They are in the middle of installing new solar/covered parking, so we had some construction fences to deal with, but she did great. Her parking needs some work, but it was a good first lesson! She really wants to go out with Gramps, since is the calmest and best of us all, so hopefully they can do that soon!
As we were driving down the straightaway in the parking lot, I couldn't help but think that 10 years ago we were in the same spot, only I was teaching her to ride her bike without training wheels! How do they grow up so quicky?!

0 comments: