This Christmas was a little bit different for us. Usually we head to church and then go straight to Mimi and Gramp's house for the night. However, with them in the middle of a big move, and my mom still recovering, we decided to stay home for tonight and just go to their house for a while on Christmas Day. It was my turn to be sick, so I wasn't feeling well at all. I stayed on the couch most of the day, except to drive Zoe to a friends house to celebrate her birthday for a little while.
We gathered together for a family photo and church though!
Our favorite service of the year...what a beautiful message to get over the "craziness" of the season.
We picked up some Chinese take out to bring home, since I didn't feel well enough to sit through a meal at a restaurant, nor did I feel like cooking. Then the kids got to open their yearly ornaments.A personalized high school freshman ornament for Zoe...
and a broken arm ornament for Coop (can't forget that part of the year!)...
Then they opened up their gifts from each other. They both did all right! Joe also got us each homemade crosses from Jerusalem that he got from a client of his...so thoughtful!
Time for showers and Christmas pj's, one more Christmas movie, reading of 'Twas the Night Before Christmas and The First Christmas, before heading to bed.







0 comments:
Post a Comment