Sunday, May 9, 2010

Weekend of Celebration

What a weekend it has been! We started off with an early baseball game on Saturday morning. It was one of Cooper's best games yet, even earning him a game ball again. It was a great accomplishment for him since he's been in a bit of a slump the last couple games and was feeling a bit down on himself.

Even though Joe's birthday wasn't until Sunday, I decided to start his celebrating on Saturday evening. Since he'd be sharing the day with me on Mother's Day, I thought he deserved a little attention of his own. The kids and I baked him a yummy homemade chocolate cake, and while everyone enjoyed some well deserved pool time, I cooked up a big dinner.
After dinner Joe opened up a few presents...one of which was a giant bag of old fashioned bubble gum (one of his few vices!).
Happy Birthday honey! Thank you for continuing to work so hard for your family!

Today was Mother's Day, so Joe got up and cooked us a delicious breakfast of french toast with cinnamon burst bread...my favorite! While Cooper was cuddling with me in bed, we heard some hot air balloons nearby. We went out on the back deck and watched them take off...it was beautiful!
After breakfast, I opened up my gifts and homemade cards from Joe and the kids. Thanks guys!
Then it was off to meet up with the family for a great lunch.

Joe got to open his birthday presents and Jeff picked out a great one. While they were in Washington D.C. last week, he found this and just had to get it. Since they are pretty conservative Republicans, and Joe definitely isn't, they got him this shirt (which made for a good laugh)...
So, thanks to my beautiful babies, I get to be what I've always wanted to be...a mother!

And thanks to my mom, I am the luckiest daughter in the world! Happy Mother's Day Mom!

0 comments: