Thursday, February 11, 2010

Mother/Daughter Cupcake Night


After a few long weeks of planning, our school Mother/Daughter event finally came. We had a cupcake decorating night, along with Valentine's card making and bingo games. We did not anticipate the large number of attendees, but the 400 moms and daughters had a great time!

We started the night with a demonstration of different cake and cupcake decorating techniques. Then the crowd was divided into different stations. Poor Zoe was a bit heartbroken since I couldn't spend the whole night just with her, as I was pretty busy running around trying to make sure things went smoothly. She did get to spend lots of time with one of her best friends, Lacey though. We made the best of it, and she was a happy girl by the end of the evening.


Zoe's creations...

After it was over, we had the daunting task of cleaning everything up. Boy was it a disaster! Luckily we had lots of hands chipping in. I couldn't resist getting this picture of Jenny vacuuming...maybe it's time for a new career!

0 comments: