Sunday, January 11, 2009

Another crazy day...

We had an eventful Saturday and of course I didn't have my camera with me, so no pictures. We got up at 5:45am (actually Zoe set her alarm for 6:05 so she could have a few extra minutes!) to head up to Big Bear. We were meeting my brother and nephew up there to spend the day snowboarding for Cole's 14th Birthday. Unfortunately on the way up there we got in a car accident when a truck behind us didn't stop in time and rear-ended us. Thankfully no one was hurt, but now I have to deal getting estimates, a rental car, and getting it fixed...ugh! We finally made it to the slopes after sitting in a ton of mountain traffic.
We started the day on the bunny slopes again, but after 2 hours of that, the kids and I had had enough. So we grabbed a quick lunch and went to the top of the mountain. I was very nervous about taking them up there, but they did fantastic! We took Summit Run all the way down and we all had so much fun. Cooper improved so much from last time and now the 2 of them are better than me! We spent the rest of the day going up and down the mountain, trying new courses, falling down, and having a great time. By the last run we were all beat!! I really do feel my age when I spend all day on the slopes!
On the way home we stopped at Starbucks for some hot cocoa and snacks. We had a fun day and it was a great day to spend celebrating. Happy Birthday Cole!! You are the best nephew and cousin ever!

0 comments: